Now part of the Master Techniques in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery series, Skull Base Surgery is the new go-to guide on common and advanced procedures in skull base surgery. Step-by-step expert instruction is offered on more than 45 procedures, covering both open and minimally invasive approaches to the skull base. It is a vital resource for students, generalist surgeons, and skull base specialists in otolaryngology and neurosurgery.
- Authored by world-renowned experts and pioneers in open and endoscopic skull base approaches
- Chapters cover: introduction to each approach; history; physical examination; indications; contraindications; preoperative planning; surgical technique; postoperative management; complications; results; pearls and pitfalls; instruments to have available; and suggested readings
- Sections cover: sphenoid and parasellar regions; anterior cranial fossa; middle cranial fossa; posterior cranial fossa; and reconstruction
- Topics include: optic nerve decompression; endonasal approach to the sella; endoscopic endonasal approach to the medial cavernous sinus; endonasal transorbital approaches; cranialization of the frontal sinus; frontal sinus osteoplastic flap with and without obliteration; and anterior craniofacial resection
- More than 1,500 color photos and drawings of intraoperative images fully demonstrate the content
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, offering iOS, Android, Mac, and PC access to:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search tool that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Six step-by-step videos that outline the procedures covered in each chapter
- Quick-reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use.